Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Break

The break is here! It has been a good first part of the year. It has been exciting, frustrating, challenging, and heartwarming. Christi and I are both on break until Jan. 11th when school starts up again. Some teachers have already left on adventures. We will leave on ours Tuesday morning. We will be taking the bus to Burundi to spend Christmas with Seth and Trina. We are very excited. We are then going to try to make it over to Tanzania, but the plans are a little up in the air right now. You can pray that everything comes together at the right time. We feel so blessed to be able to have this adventure. We'll tell you all about it when we get back. We will be missing family a lot at this time and would appreciate your prayers about this. We feel blessed to be able to spend Christmas with family- bro and sis-in-law. I mentioned my refugee friend in a previous email. I would love your prayers for this man. He is waiting for the Rwanda government to permit him to stay in the country as a refugee. The UN is unable to help him until this happens. He has been getting the run around and is getting weary. He is also down since he won't be spending Christmas with his family. I am going to go with him to immigration tomorrow and see if that helps any. We would like to be able to do something before we leave so that we don't have to worry about what happens while we are gone. The UN will pay for his room at the Red Cross until the end of the week and if he doesn't have an answer about his immigration status by then they will cease to do that. I appreciate your prayers. He is also having a birthday on Christmas Day. He doesn't speak the local language here and we are about his only friends so he is feeling a bit anxious that he will be lonely as we leave this week. We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We appreciate you all and thank God for you daily. Be safe and enjoy the holiday.

2 comments:

  1. I met Jonathan at the airport on the 16th. Great to see him. Thanks for the Rwanda news. Have a blessed vacation. I am your brother in Jesus Christ
    Darell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying for you three (five, actually). I've heard Trina has been sick but I don't know if you were able to go or if she got sick before you left. Hopefully, if you went, having her sister near was a comfort, to both of them. I'm also praying for your friend. Can you drop me an email and tell me his first name? I don't think it is there anywhere. I know the Lord knows who I am talking about but I'd like a name to put with the man. Stay safe and enjoy the nice weather on Christmas!! We are freezing and blowing away with the wind, ;-)

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete