Saturday, June 19, 2010

Home

Well, we are back. After some long flights we arrived back in Portland on Wednesday night at 8:30pm. Mili did really well on all of the flights. She has been getting over jet lag now. I suppose we all are. The first morning she woke up at 3:30am, and the second at 4am. Today she woke up at 5:45, and went to bed at a normal time. It is getting better for all of us. Christi has been enjoying spending time with her family and I have enjoyed spending some time with my brother. Christi is feeling well these days. She is getting everything set up with Dr.'s appointments. Mili and I were able to find affordable health insurance to get us through until my work insurance starts up again.


We had a great time in England. We spent a day sightseeing with another couple from the school in London. We spent a day in Oxford and the last day in Windsor. We paced ourselves since we were pretty tired.


We are staying with my in-laws this week. It is such a blessing to have such great support as we get readjusted. I was able to go into the school I taught at previously and see teachers and students. Today we are having a get together with my family. It will be so good to see everyone. I am looking forward to seeing my parents today too. We are looking forward to getting back to our church this Sunday as well.


It was hard to say goodbye to everyone. There were a lot of tears. We made so many excellent friendships in the short time we were there. We will miss Rwanda immensely. We will miss our friends so much. Many we hope we will see again someday as we pass through each other's cities. What a great experience. I want to thank each of you for praying for us, supporting us financially, and following along with us on our journey. We are so blessed to have friends and family like you. We brought home some small tokens of our appreciation for each of you. We would love to find a time to pass it on to you if you haven't received it already.


Love,

Tony, Christi, and Mili

No comments:

Post a Comment